Saturday, June 4, 2011

Overdue = miserable

On Friday, our due date, we had another dr. appointment. Still no change. I've been 1 cm and 60% effaced for 3 loooooong weeks now. Dr. Crouser did a membrane sweep, which did nothing, so now we're being induced on Thursday unless something happens before then. However, at our appointment last week she told us it would be Monday or Tuesday. Not sure what happened to that time-line, but I think I was too upset to even ask. Although now I'm wishing I would have. It would be nice if he'd decide to come on his own, but I'm not getting my hopes up. 

I'm miserable and sick of just sitting around waiting. I've cleaned the house I don't know how many times. It's almost too hot to sit outside. I usually last about an hour max and then have to come in. Walking only lasts so long until my feet and back start to hurt, and sleeping is pretty much the worst thing ever. I almost dread going to bed because laying on either side hurts and laying on my back I can't breath. I usually fall asleep on one of my sides and then wake up when either a) I have to go to the bathroom or b) my hip hurts and I need to switch sides. I know that I'm not going to get much sleep with a newborn in the house, but I'm looking forward to the 2-3 hours I'll get at a time without this huge belly. 

Jeff's on duty today and again on Tuesday and then he'll be off for 5 shifts which equals 2 weeks. I'm really looking forward to having him home and having his help. We're very lucky he's able to take that much time off. 


No comments:

Post a Comment