Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Almost time for the BIG celebration!

I can't believe in just two weeks and a couple days we'll be celebrating Elliott's 1st birthday. To say the year has flown by would be the understatement of the year. He is such a happy baby and has brought so much joy to Jeff and I's lives! I couldn't imagine life without him.

I've clearly been neglecting the blog. Things are always busy, and I just never seem to get to sit down and do this. His 2nd year I'm going to try to be much better.

Here's a quick catch up since the last post:


  • Crawls all over the place and is into EVERYTHING! :) 
  • Loves to pull himself up on the coffee table and the entertainment center
  • Adores Scarlet. He calls her "gog" and chases her around the house. She loves him, too. She brings him her ball to play with and lays down in front of him for him to "pet" her. We're still working on teaching him to be gentle. 
  • Stands on his own
  • Waves Hi and Bye
  • Gives high fives
  • Has 7 teeth
  • Loves to read books
  • Makes a "cheese" face where he squints his eyes and smiles really big
  • Is a very picky eater. He's decided he's done with the baby food because he wants to feed himself. However, we haven't quite figured out exactly what he wants to feed himself. The few things he will eat are cheerios, yogurt, pasta, peaches, cantaloupe, cheese crunchies, yogurt melts, green beans, swiss cheese and crackers. 
For the past 5 months Elliott has had back to back ear infections. We took him to an ENT doctor a week ago, and he's getting tubes on the 29th. While I'm very nervous about him being under anesthesia, I'm looking forward to him feeling better. I can't imagine how much pain he's been in with all of the ear aches.

Shortly after his appointment to get tubes he has his 1 year well visit. I can't wait to see how much he's grown since his last appointment.


Reading books before bed
Sweet boy
First bites of a chocolate chip cookie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment