Monday, April 11, 2011

1st Baby Shower

On Saturday I had my first baby shower. My sister and Emily hosted a joint family shower in Piqua, so needless to say, there were a lot of people there. Everything turned out perfect. The shower was at 11 so we could have breakfast food, my favorite! It was great seeing everyone and celebrating Elliott's upcoming arrival. We're very blessed to have such wonderful family. We got a bunch of great gifts.... blankets, clothes, a highchair, lots of diapers and wipes, the stroller, toys for the little guy, some gift cards and other things too. Our SUV was packed!

Mom made collages of Jeff and I as babies.







I spent the morning Sunday putting all of the gifts away while Jeff worked in the yard. Then we spent the afternoon on the deck and grilled out for dinner. I'm so glad the weather is getting warm. However, Sunday was a little too warm once the breeze died down. You know the saying "you know you're pregnant when..." Yesterday I filled in the blanks with you know you're pregnant when it's only April and you have the AC on. :) Normally I'm the one holding out to turn it on as late as we can, but yesterday I just couldn't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment