Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Pediatrican... check, Child birth classes... check, Babysitter... check

On Monday Jeff and I went to our child birth class. I was impressed that it was only 2 hours long, and I think Jeff was relieved it was only two hours long. We weren't able to make any of the regular scheduled classes because of Jeff's schedule so our class was a "private" one with only one other couple. We were the first couple to arrive so we sat around talking with the nurse for a little while. I thought it was really cute Jeff asked her if we were going to be watching a video. She said "yes, but we don't have to if it will bother you." Jeff laughed and told her he would be fine, it was me. :) She said it basically just puts a visual to everything she was going to go over in class. We, or should I say I, opted out of the video, but so did the other couple, so I didn't feel so bad.

A few weeks ago we met with a pediatrician so we're all ready for when Elliott arrives. We're using someone that came highly recommended from a bunch of my girlfriends, and after meeting him I think we made the right choice.

We also have our babysitter lined up for when I have to go back to work. She actually lives across the street and about 3 houses down from us. The original plan was Aunt Emily would watch him, but Em and Charlie are expecting baby #4 in September! Emily and I talked and decided it would be a bit much watching Elliott when her little one is only going to be 15 weeks younger than him. So Emily gave us the name of the lady that watched Claire when she first went back to school, and we lucked out that she was taking more kids this fall. He will be her only newborn so I think everything is going to work out just fine.

We have the nursery just about finished. The recliner should be here in a few weeks, and I still want to hang some things on the wall, but other than that we're ready for him to make his arrival. I had a dr. appointment last week and he's still measuring on track, and his heartbeat sounds great. My next appointment is May 3rd and she's going to check for dilation then. I can't believe at that point we'll only have 4 weeks to go.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are all set! That is great to have a sitter so close and that you can trust. Won't be too much longer and you'll be posting baby pictures in your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete