Saturday, January 8, 2011

We're expecting our first baby in June!

I'm new to this whole blogging scene, but we'll see how it goes. I wanted to find a way to keep family up to date with pictures and info during the pregnancy since we don't get home as often as we'd like with our crazy work schedules this time of year. 

On September 18th we found out we were going to have a baby. We were supposed to go to a beer tasting at the North Market with one of Jeff's co-workers, and I just had a feeling I might be pregnant. I took a test and the line was very faint. We went out and bought a digital test and sure enough that one said 'pregnant' seconds after I took the test. I think we were both in shock. 

During the first few weeks after we found out I felt pretty good. Other than wanting to eat fast food all the time I didn't really have any pregnancy symptoms. Then week 9 hit and I was nauseous quite a bit. That lasted until about week 15. 

We were told we would have our ultra sound on January 20th, and we would be able to find out the sex of the baby if we wanted. Jeff and I have said all along we don't know how people can go without finding out. We were too impatient to wait until January. We ended up scheduling a 3d/4d ultra sound for December 23rd when I was 17 weeks along so we could tell our families at Christmas. All along I've told Jeff I thought it was a boy, and he's always felt it was a girl. I was right. We found out right before Christmas that we're having a boy. He wasn't shy at all during the ultrasound. He was moving all around, but we were able to get some great pictures of him. The tech was actually surprised that I couldn't feel him move yet. 

On New Years day I felt him move for the first time. I wasn't quite sure if it was him or not, but I've been feeling it every day since so he's definitely letting me know he's there. 


Look, I'm a boy!
Baby Larger at 17 weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment