Thursday was my glucose test for gestational diabetes. I'm pretty sure I passed, because they said they'd have results the next day, and no news is good news. I never heard from them. :) The test wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm not a fan of orange drink so I was a little nervous about drinking it in 5 minutes or less, but I was able to get it down with 35 seconds to spare. I'm just grateful I don't have to take the 3 hour test.
I also had a regular check up on Thursday. That was another experience. My appointment was at 3:20 and we were already really early because of having to get my blood drawn for the glucose test. So 3:45 came and went and we were still sitting in the waiting room. I don't have patience, but Jeff is a totally different story. He gets this grumpy look on his face and you can just tell he's fuming on the inside. Finally at 4:00 they called us back. Then finally at 4:20, an hour past my appointment time, we were seen by Dr. Crouser for all of 5 minutes. Don't get me wrong, I completely understand how Dr.'s offices can easily get behind, but what I don't understand is those people they pay to sit behind the desk all day long. Can they not have the receptionists call their patients and give them a heads up that the dr. is running a half hour, 45 minutes, whatever behind? I'm pretty sure if I showed up an hour late to my appointment they wouldn't see me, but they have no problem with making me wait an hour in the waiting room. Rant over. The appointment went well. We were able to hear his heart beat. It's in the 150's which Dr. Crouser said is great. She measured me and said I'm measuring 26 centimeters which is right on track. We go back in 4 weeks for our next appointment. I can't wait until June when we can meet the little guy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment